Enter the total perimeter (ft) and the maximum side length (ft) into the Maximum Area Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Maximum Area.
Maximum Area Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Maximum Area.
MA = (P-2*SL) /2* SL
- Where MA is the Maximum Area (ft^2)
- P is the total perimeter (ft)
- SL is the maximum side length (ft)
To calculate the maximum area, subtract 2 times the side length from the perimeter, divide the result by 2, then finally multiply by the side length.
How to Calculate Maximum Area?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Maximum Area.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total perimeter (ft).
- The total perimeter (ft) is given as: 400.
- Next, determine the maximum side length (ft).
- The maximum side length (ft) is provided as: 125.
- Finally, calculate the Maximum Area using the equation above:
MA = (P-2*SL) /2* SL = (ft^2)
The values provided above are inserted into the equation below and computed.
MA = (400-2*125) /2* 125 = 9375 ft^2
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
total perimeter (ft) = 500
maximum side length (ft) = 200
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator..
MA = (P-2*SL) /2* SL = ?