Enter the air temperature and dew point into the calculator to determine the 2 mixing ratios.
- Dew Point Calculator
- Wet Bulb Calculator
- Vapor Pressure Calculator (Solvent/Solution)
- Heat Index Calculator
- Relative Humidity Calculator
Mixing Ratio Formula
The following 3 formulas are used to calculate the mixing ratio of air.
MR = 6.11 X 10 ^ ( 7.5*DP/(237.7+DP))
SMR = 6.11 X 10 ^ ( 7.5*T/(237.7+T))
- Where DP is the dew point (C)
- T is the termpature
- MR is the mixing ratio
- SMR is the saturated mixing ratio
Mixing Ratio Definitoin
A mixing ratio is defined as the ratio of the mass of water vapor in air to the mass of the dray air.
Mixing Ratio Example
How to calculate mixing ratio?
- First, determine the dew point.
Calculate the dew point of the air.
- Next, measure the temperature.
Measure or calculate the temperature of the air.
- Finally, calculate the mixing ratio.
Use the formula above to calculate the mixing ratio.
A mixing ratio is a ratio of the total mass of water vapor in air to the total mass of dry air. In other words how much water is suspended per unit of dry air.
A mixing ratio is calculated using the temperature and dew point.