Enter the air temperature and dew point into the calculator to determine the 2 mixing ratios.
- Dew Point Calculator
- Wet Bulb Calculator
- Vapor Pressure Calculator (Solvent/Solution)
- Heat Index Calculator
- Relative Humidity Calculator
Mixing Ratio Formula
The following 3 formulas are used to calculate the mixing ratio of air.
MR = 6.11 X 10 ^ ( 7.5*DP/(237.7+DP))
SMR = 6.11 X 10 ^ ( 7.5*T/(237.7+T))
- Where DP is the dew point (C)
- T is the temperature
- MR is the mixing ratio
- SMR is the saturated mixing ratio
Mixing Ratio Definitoin
A mixing ratio is defined as the ratio of the mass of water vapor in the air to the mass of the dray air.
Mixing Ratio Example
How to calculate mixing ratio?
- First, determine the dew point.
Calculate the dew point of the air.
- Next, measure the temperature.
Measure or calculate the temperature of the air.
- Finally, calculate the mixing ratio.
Use the formula above to calculate the mixing ratio.
A mixing ratio is a ratio of the total mass of water vapor in the air to the total mass of dry air. In other words how much water is suspended per unit of dry air.
A mixing ratio is calculated using the temperature and dew point.