Enter the actual vapor density and the saturation vapor density into the calculator to determine the relative humidity.
- Specific Humidity Calculator
- Wet Bulb Calculator
- Water Vapor Pressure Calculator
- Vapor Pressure Calculator (Solvent/Solution)
- Humidity Ratio Calculator
- VPD (Vapor Pressure Deficit) Calculator
Relative Humidity Formula
The following formula is used to calculate relative humidity.
RH = VDa / VDs * 100
- Where RH is the relative humidity (%)
- VDa is the actual vapor density (g/m^3)
- VDs is the saturation vapor density (g/m^3)
Relative Humidity Definition
Relative humidity is defined as the ratio of the vapor density to saturation density of water in the air.
Relative Humidity Example
How to calculate a relative humidity?
- First, determine the vapor density.
Measure the water vapor density.
- Next, determine the saturation density.
Measure the saturation water vapor density.
- Finally, calculate the relative humidity.
Calculate the relative humidity using the formula above.
The relative humidity is a ratio of vapor density to saturation vapor density. It’s a measure of how much water vapor air can hold compared to how much water vapor it takes to saturate the air at any given temperature.
Saturated air is one at 100% relative humidity and that at the specific temperature it cannot hold any more water vapor.