Enter the actual vapor density and the saturation vapor density into the calculator to determine the relative humidity.
- Specific Humidity Calculator
- Wet Bulb Calculator
- Water Vapor Pressure Calculator
- Vapor Pressure Calculator (Solvent/Solution)
Relative Humidity Formula
The following formula is used to calculate a relative humidity.
RH = VDa / VDs * 100
- Where RH is the relative humidity (%)
- VDa is the actual vapor density (g/m^3)
- VDs is the saturation vapor density (g/m^3)
Relative Humidity Definition
A relative humidity is defined as the ratio of the vapor density to saturation density of water in the air.
Relative Humidity Example
How to calculate a relative humidity?
- First, determine the vapor density.
Measure the water vapor density.
- Next, determine the saturation density.
Measure the saturation water vapor density.
- Finally, calculate the relative humidity.
Calculate the relative humidity using the formula above.
A relative humidity is a ratio of the vapor density to saturation vapor density. It’s a measure of how much water vapor air can hold compared to how much water vapor it takes to saturate the air at any given temperature.
A saturated air is one at a 100% relative humidity and that at the specific temperature it cannot hold any more water vapor.