Enter the partial pressure of water vapor and the total pressure into the calculator to determine the specific humidity.
- Vapor Pressure Calculator (Solvent/Solution)
- Humidity Ratio Calculator
- Relative Humidity Calculator
- Heat Index Calculator
- Discomfort Index Calculator
Specific Humidity Formula
The following equation can be used to calculate a specific humidity.
SH = (.622 * P / ( P – Pw ) ) * 100
- Where SH is the specific humidity (%)
- P is the total pressure
- PW is the partial pressure of water vapor
Specific Humidity Definition
Specific humidity is defined as the ratio of the humidity of the air to the absolute water vapor pressure of the air.
Specific Humidity Example
How to calculate specific humidity?
- First, determine the total pressure.
Meausre the total pressure of the air.
- Next, determine the water vapor pressure.
Calculate the partial pressure of water vapor.
- Finally, calculate the specific humidity.
Using the equation above, calculate the specific humidity.
Specific humidity is a measure of the humidity of air with respect to the ratio of the water vapor pressure to the total pressure.
The partial pressure of water is the pressure that the water vapor contributes to the overall pressure of the air.