Enter the force generated by the wheels of the motorcycle and the mass of the motorcycle into the calculator to determine the Motorcycle Acceleration.
- All Acceleration Calculators
- Car Acceleration Calculator
- Truck Acceleration Calculator
- Piston Acceleration Calculator
Motorcycle Acceleration Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the Motorcycle Acceleration.
MA = FA / MM
- Where MA is the Motorcycle Acceleration (m/s^2)
- FA is the force generated by the wheels of the motorcycle (N)
- MM is the mass of the motorcycle (kg)
What are the units for Motorcycle Acceleration?
The most common units for Motorcycle Acceleration are m/s^2.
How to Calculate Motorcycle Acceleration?
The following example problem outlines the steps and information needed to calculate the Motorcycle Acceleration.
First, determine the force generated by the wheels of the motorcycle. In this example, the force generated by the wheels of the motorcycle is determined to be 4000 (N).
Next, determine the mass of the motorcycle. For this problem, the mass of the motorcycle is measured to be 200 (kg).
Finally, calculate the Motorcycle Acceleration using the formula above:
MA = FA / MM
Inserting the values from above and solving the equation with the imputed values gives:
MA = 4000 / 200 = 20 (m/s^2)