Enter the inductance of 2 inductors and the coupling coefficient into the calculator to determine the mutual inductance.
- Inductor Impedance Calculator
- Solenoid Force Calculator
- Inductor Energy Storage Calculator
- Conductance Calculator
- Toroid Inductance Calculator
- Ferrite Inductor Calculator
Mutual Inductance Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the mutual inductance between 2 inductors.
I = k * Sqrt ( L1 * L2 )
- I is the mutual inductance
- k is the coupling coefficient
- L1 is one inductance
- L2 is another inductance
Mutual Inductance Definition
Mutual inductance is the total inductance between two coupled inductors.
Mutual Inductance Example
How to calculate mutual inductance?
- First, determine the coupling coefficient.
Determine the coupling coefficient between the two inductors.
- Next, determine the first inductance.
Calculate the inductance of the first inductor.
- Next, determine the second inductance.
Calculate the inductance of the second inductor.
- Finally, calculate the mutual inductance.
Calculate the mutual inductance using the equation above.
Mutual inductance is an inductance between two inductors that are coupled together.
The coupling coefficient is a factor introduced by the materials used in coupling two inductors together. The factor depends on what is used and how.