Enter your height, neck circumference, and waist circumference into the calculator to estimate your body fat percentage based on the US navy body fat formula.
Navy Body Fat Formula
The following formula is used by the US navy to estimate body fat percentage.
BF = 495 / ( 1.0324 – 0.19077 * log10( w- n ) + 0.15456 * log10( h ) ) – 450
- Where BF is the body fat percentage
- w is waist circumference
- n is neck circumference
- h is height
Navy Body Fat Definition
The navy body fat formula is used to calculate an estimated body fat percentage used in determining suitability for acceptance into the Navy.
Navy Body Fat Requirements
- Age 18 to 21 – 22% for males, 33% for females;
- Age 22 to 29 – 23% for males, 34% for females;
- Age 30 to 39 – 24% for males, 35% for females;
- Age over 40 – 26% for males, 36% for females.
How to calculate Navy Body Fat?
How to calculate navy body fat?
- First, measure waist circumference.
Measure your waist.
- Next, measure your neck circumference.
Measure your neck.
- Next, determine your height.
Measure your overall height.
- Calculate your Navy Body Fat.
Use the equation to calculate your navy body fat.