Enter the electron density of the material into the calculator to determine the plasma frequency.
- Relative Frequency Calculator
- Resonant Frequency Calculator
- Charge Calculator
- Recombination Frequency Calculator
- Debye Length Calculator
Plasma Frequency Formula
The following equation is used to calculate a plasma frequency.
F = Sqrt [ ( E * C ) / ( P * M) ]
- Where F is the plasma frequency
- E is the electron number density
- C is the electric charge (-1.602176*e^-19)
- P is the permittivity of a vacuum (8.85418*e^-12)
- M is the mass of an electron (9.10938*e^-31)
In the above equation, all values are already entered except for the electron number density.
Plasma Frequency Definition
The plasma frequency is defined as the natural frequency at which the plasma of a particular material oscillates.
Plasma Frequency Example
How to calculate plasma frequency?
- First, determine the electron number density.
Calculate the electron number density.
- Next, calculate the plasma frequency.
Calculate the plasma frequency using the formula above.
A plasma frequency is a frequency at which a plasma of a particular material oscillates.
Plasma frequency depends on 4 values; the electron number density, the electric charge, permittivity, and mass of an electron.