Enter the electron density of a material into the calculator to determine the plasma frequency.
- Relative Frequency Calculator
- Resonant Frequency Calculator
- Charge Calculator
- Recombination Frequency Calculator
Plasma Frequency Formula
The following equation is used to calculate a plasma frequency.
F = Sqrt [ ( E * C ) / ( P * M) ]
- Where F is the plasma frequency
- E is the electron number density
- C is the electric charge (-1.602176*e^-19)
- P is the permittivity of a vacuum (8.85418*e^-12)
- M is the mass of an electron (9.10938*e^-31)
In the above equation, all values are already entered except for the electron number density.
Plasma Frequency Definition
Plasma frequency is defined as the natural frequency at which the plasma of a particular material oscillates.
Plasma Frequency Example
How to calculate plasma frequency?
- First, determine the electron number density.
Calculate the electron number density.
- Next, calculate the plasma frequency.
Calculate the plasma frequency using the formula above.
A plasma frequency is the frequency at which a plasma of a particular material oscillates.
Plasma frequency depends on 4 values; the electron number density, the electric charge, permittivity, and mass of an electron.
|plasma frequency calculator|
|plasma frequency formula|
|how to calculate plasma frequency|
|plasma frequency of metals|
|electron plasma frequency|
|plasma frequency derivation|
|plasma frequency of gold|
|radio frequency plasma|
|plasma frequency definition|
|plasma frequency of silver|
|drude model gold|
|drude model plasma frequency|
|plasma frequency of metals table|
|plasma oscillation frequency|
|plasma radio frequency|
|derivation of plasma frequency|
|high frequency plasma|
|low frequency plasma|