Enter the total number of recombinants and the total offspring into the calculator to determine the recombination frequency.
Recombination Frequency Formula
The following formula is used to calculate a recombination frequency.
RF = RCO / TO *100
- Where RF is the recombination frequency
- RCO is the total number of recombinants
- TO is the total offspring.
Recombination Frequency Definition
A recombination frequency is defined as the ratio of recombinant offspring between two organisms.
Recombination Frequency Example
How to calculate a recombination frequency?
- First, determine the total number of recombinants.
Calculate the number of recombinants.
- Next, determine the total offspring.
Measure the total number of offspring.
- Finally, calculate the recombination frequency.
Use the formula above to calculate the recombination frequency.
A recombination frequency is the rate or proportion of recombinant offspring that are produced between a genetic cross of two organisms.