Enter the total number of recombinant gametes and the total number of gametes into the Genetic Distance Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the Genetic Distance.
- All Distance Calculators
- Stopping Sight Distance Calculator
- Transformation Efficiency Calculator
- Image Distance Calculator
Genetic Distance Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Genetic Distance.
GD = #RG / #G
- Where GD is the Genetic Distance
- #RG is the total number of recombinant gametes
- #G is the total number of gametes
How to Calculate Genetic Distance?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Genetic Distance.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total number of recombinant gametes.
- The total number of recombinant gametes is given as: 140.
- Next, determine the total number of gametes.
- The total number of gametes is provided as: 250.
- Finally, calculate the Genetic Distance using the equation above:
GD = #RG / #G
The values given above are inserted into the equation below and the solution is calculated:
GD = 140 / 250 = .56
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables needed are provided below:
total number of recombinant gametes = 7
total number of gametes = 51
This example problem is a test of your knowledge on the subject. Use the calculator above to check your answer.
GD = #RG / #G = ?