Enter the total current moving through the resistor and the total resistance into the calculator to determine the power dissipation.
- Electrical Power Calculator
- Current Divider Calculator
- Resistor Divider Calculator
- Power Calculator
- LED Inrush Current Calculator
Power Dissipation Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the total power dissipated by a resistor.
p = i2 * R
- Where p is the dissipated power (W)
- I is the current moving through the resistor (amps)
- R is the total resistance (ohms)
Power Dissipation Definition
Power dissipation is a measure of the total reduction in power that occurs because of a system’s resistance to flow.
Power Dissipation Example
How to calculate power dissipation?
- 1.First, determine the resistance. Measure the total equivalent resistance of the resistor or circuit.
- 2.Next, determine the current. Measure the current flow through the circuit or resistor.
- 3.Finally, calculated the dissipated power. Using the resistance and current, along with the formula, calculate the total dissipated power.
What is power dissipation?
Power dissipation is the total reduction in power that occurs due to a resistance to the flow of electricity. In most cases, this resistance comes in the form of a resistor. Add question