Enter the power (watts) and the voltage (volts) into the calculator to determine the Current From Power.
- All Electrical Calculators
- Neutral Current Calculator
- Average Current Calculator
- Watts to Amps Calculator
Current From Power Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Current From Power.
Ifp = P/V
- Where Ifp is the Current From Power (amps)
- P is the power (watts)
- V is the voltage (volts)
How to Calculate Current From Power?
The following two example problems outline how to calculate the Current From Power.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the power (watts). In this example, the power (watts) is measured to be 5015.
- Next, determine the voltage (volts). For this problem, the voltage (volts) is calculated to be 40.
- Finally, calculate the Current From Power using the formula above:
Ifp = P/V
Inserting the values from above and solving the equation with the imputed values gives:
Ifp = 5015/40 = 125.375 (amps)
Example Problem #2:
Using the same process as example problem 1, we first define the variables outlined by the formula. In this case, the values are:
power (watts) = 411
voltage (volts) = 50
Entering these values into the formula above gives :
Ifp = 411/50 = 8.22 (amps)