Enter the summer U-value and the shading coefficient into the Relative Heat Gain Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Relative Heat Gain.
Relative Heat Gain Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Relative Heat Gain.
RHG = (US * 14) + (SC*200)
- RHG is the Relative Heat Gain (F)
- US is the summer U-value
- SC is the shading coefficient
How to Calculate Relative Heat Gain?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Relative Heat Gain.
- First, determine the summer U-value.
- Next, determine the shading coefficient.
- Next, gather the formula from above = RHG = (US * 14) + (SC*200).
- Finally, calculate the Relative Heat Gain.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
summer U-value = 1.25
shading coefficient = .75
RHG = (US * 14) + (SC*200) = ?