Enter the total monthly rent and the commission percentage. The rental commission calculator will display the total rental commission earned.
Rental Commission Formla
The following formula is used to calculate a rental commission.
RC = AR * C
- Where RC is the total rental commission ($)
- AR is the total annual rent of the unit
- C is the commission %
How to calculate rental commission
- Determine the annual rent
Multiply the monthly rent times 12.
- Determine the commission percent
1 months rent would be a 8.33% commission rate
- Calculate the rental commission
Use the formula or calculator above to calculate the rental commission.
A rental commission is a percentage of the total rent of a unit paid to an agent that found the prospective tenants.
The rental commission rate often ranges from .5 months rent to 1.5 months rent on the high end.