Enter the total rooms sold and total rooms available in your hotel and the total rooms sold and total rooms available in your competitor’s hotel to calculate the occupancy rate index. This calculator can also determine your occupancy percentage if you only enter your total rooms booked and total rooms available.
- Rent Increase Calculator
- Rent Budget Calculator – How much should I spend on rent?
- Gross Rent Multiplier Calculator
- ADR (Average Daily Rate) Calculator
- RevPAR Calculator
- Cost Per Occupied Room Calculator
- Cost Per Night Calculator
Occupancy Rate Index Formula
The following formula is used to calculate an occupancy rate index.
ORI = OCC / C-OCC
- Where ORI is the occupancy rate index
- OCC is your hotel’s occupancy percentage
- C-OCC is your competitor’s occupancy percentage
To calculate the occupancy rate index, divide the hotel’s occupancy rate by the competitor’s occupancy rate.
Occupancy Rate Index Definition
An occupancy rate is defined as the ratio of occupancy of your hotel compared to that of a competitor or set of competitors.
Occupancy Rate Index Example
How to calculate an occupancy rate index?
- First, determine your hotels occupancy percentage.
Calculate your hotel’s occupancy percentage by dividing the total rooms booked by the total rooms available and multiplying by 100.
- Next, determine your competitors occupancy percentage.
Using the same method as step one, calculate the occupancy percentage of your competitor.
- Finally, calculate the occupancy index using the equation above.
Using the equation above calculate your occupancy rate index.
An occupancy rate index is defined as the ratio of your occupancy percentage to a competitor or set of competitors’ occupancy percentages.