Enter the total bill amount ($) and the number of ways to split the bill into the Split Bill Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the Split Bill amount. This calculator can also evaluate the bill amount of number of splits given the other variables.
Split Bill Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Split Bill.
SB = TB / S
- Where SB is the Split Bill ($)
- TB is the total bill amount ($)
- S is the number of ways to split the bill
To calculate a split bill amount, divide the total bill amount by the number of ways the bill is split.
How to Calculate Split Bill?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Split Bill .
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total bill amount ($).
- The total bill amount ($) is given as: 150.
- Next, determine the number of ways to split the bill.
- The number of ways to split the bill is provided as: 3.
- Finally, calculate the Split Bill using the equation above:
SB = TB / #S
The values given above are inserted into the equation below and the solution is calculated:
SB = 150 / 3 = 50.00 ($)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables needed are provided below:
total bill amount ($) = 160
number of ways to split the bill = 7
This example problem is a test of your knowledge on the subject. Use the calculator above to check your answer.
SB = TB / #S = ?