Enter the total cost ($) and the number of ways cost is being split into the Split Cost Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the Split Cost.
Split Cost Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Split Cost.
SC = TC / S
- Where SC is the Split Cost ($)
- TC is the total cost ($)
- S is the number of ways cost is being split
To calculate a split cost, divide the total cost by the number of split ways.
How to Calculate Split Cost?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Split Cost.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total cost ($). The total cost ($) is given as 750.
- Next, determine the number of ways cost is being split. The number of ways cost is being split is provided as 3.
- Finally, calculate the Split Cost using the equation above:
SC = TC / #S
The values given above are inserted into the equation below:
SC = 750 / 3 = 250 ($)
Example Problem #2:
The variables needed for this problem are provided below:
total cost ($) = 800
number of ways cost is being split = 40
Entering these values and solving gives:
SC = TC / #S = 20.00 ($)