Enter the total number of story points completed and the number of sprints completed into the calculator to determine the sprint velocity.
- Agile Velocity Calculator
- Sales Pipeline Velocity Calculator
- Scrum Velocity Calculator
- Lead Velocity Rate Calculator
Sprint Velocity Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the .
Vs = SP / S
- Where Vs is the sprint velocity (points/sprint)
- SP is the number of story points completed
- #S is the number of sprints completed
To calculate the sprint velocity, simply divide the number of points completed by the number of sprints.
What is a Sprint Velocity?
Sprint velocity measures the amount of points completed in one sprint activity.
How to Calculate Sprint Velocity?
The following example outlines the steps and information needed to calculate Sprint Velocity.
First, determine the number of story points completed. In this example, the number of story points completed is found to be 150.
Next, determine the number of sprints completed. For this problem, the number of sprints completed is found to be 50.
Finally, calculate the Sprint Velocity using the formula above:
Vs = SP / #S
Vs = 150/50
Vs = 3 points/sprint