Enter the number of staves into the Stave Shell Angle Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Stave Shell Angle.
Stave Shell Angle Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Stave Shell Angle.
SSA = 360 / S / 2
- SSA is the Stave Shell Angle (degrees)
- #S is the number of staves
To calculate the stave shell angle, divide 360 by the number of staves then divide by 2.
How to Calculate Stave Shell Angle?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Stave Shell Angle.
- First, determine the number of staves.
- Next, gather the formula from above = SSA = 360 / #S / 2.
- Finally, calculate the Stave Shell Angle.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
number of staves = 30
SSA = 360 / #S / 2 = ?