Enter the length and width of an area and select the units to calculate the equivalent square yards.
- Cost Per Square Foot Calculator
- Floor to Area Ratio Calculator
- Area of a semi circle calculator
- Package Girth Calculator
Square Yards Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the square yards of an area.
SY = L * W
- Where SY is the square yards (yd^2)
- L is the length of the area in yards
- W is the width of the area in yards
What does SY stand for?
SY is most often used to described square yards which is a unit of measure of area, denoted yd^2.
How to calculate square yards?
- First, determine the length of the area.
In this example, the length of the area is measured to be 50 ft.
- Next, determine the width of the area.
For this problem, the width is measured to be 100 ft.
- Next, multiply the length by the width to get the square area.
The square area is calculated to be 50*100 = 5000 ft^2.
- Finally, convert the area units into square yards.
In this example, we need to convert square feet to square yards. This is done by dividing the result from above by 9.
SY = 500 / 9
SY = 555.55 square yards (yd^2)