Enter the thermal conductivity, the specific heat, and the density into the Thermal Diffusivity Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Thermal Diffusivity.
- Thermal Conductivity Calculator (heat flux)
- Prandtl Number Calculator
- CTE (Coefficient of Thermal Expansion) Calculator
Thermal Diffusivity Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Thermal Diffusivity.
TD = k / (Cp*d)
- TD is the Thermal Diffusivity ( )
- k is the thermal conductivity
- Cp is the specific heat
- d is the density
How to Calculate Thermal Diffusivity?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Thermal Diffusivity.
- First, determine the thermal conductivity.
- Next, determine the specific heat.
- Next, determine the density.
- Next, gather the formula from above = TD = k / (Cp*d).
- Finally, calculate the Thermal Diffusivity.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
thermal conductivity = 5
specific heat = 10
density = 90
TD = k / (Cp*d) = ?