Enter the mass, specific heat, and change in temperature to calculate the thermal energy.
- Thermal Expansion Calculator
- Thermal Efficiency Calculator
- Thermal Conductivity Calculator (heat flux)
- Thermal Energy Storage Tank Efficiency Calculator
- Heating Energy Calculator
Thermal Energy Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the thermal energy.
Q = m*c*ΔT
- Where Q is the thermal energy (J)
- m is the mass
- c is the specific heat
- ΔT is the change in temperature
Thermal Energy Definition
Thermal energy is defined as the total energy contained within the heat.
Thermal Energy Example
How to calculate thermal energy?
- First, determine the mass.
Measure the mass of the object, typically in units of kilograms.
- Next, determine the specific heat.
Look up the specific heat of the object.
- Next, determine the change in temperature.
Measure the absolute change in temperature of the object over a given time period.
- Finally, calculate the thermal energy.
Using the formula above, calculate the thermal energy.
Thermal energy is a measure of the internal energy of an object stored through the movement of its particles.