Enter the total torque, radius, and angle of applied force into the calculator to determine the total force.
- Torque Calculator
- NM to ft-lbs torque conversion calculator
- Final Drive Ratio Calculator
- Torque to Weight Calculator
Torque to Force Formula
The following formula is used to convert a torque to a force.
F = t / (r*sin(a))
- Where F is the force
- t is the torque
- r is the radius of the applied force
- a is the angle of the force applied
Convert Torque to Force
Converting torque to force requires you to divide the total torque by the product of the radius and angle of the applied force.
Torque to Force Example
How to convert torque to force?
- First, determine the total torque.
Measure the total torque acting on an object.
- Next, determine the radius.
Measure the radius of the lever arm that the force is acting on.
- Next, determine the angle.
Measure the angle of the force applied. 90 degrees would be completely perpendicular to the radius.
- Finally, calculate the force.
Calculate the force using the formula above.
Torque is a measure of force times distance, while force is just a measure of the acceleration times mass.