Enter the total velocity and the total sum of the masses into the calculator to determine the Total Momentum.
- All Momentum Calculators
- Change In Momentum Calculator
- Angular Momentum Calculator
- Momentum Calculator
- Arrow Momentum Calculator
- Initial Momentum Calculator
- Impulse Momentum Calculator
- Rotational Momentum Calculator
Total Momentum Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the Total Momentum.
p = TV * TM
- Where p is the Total Momentum (m/s*kg)
- TV is the total velocity (m/s)
- TM is the total sum of the masses (kg)
What are the units for Total Momentum?
The most common units for Total Momentum are m/s*kg.
How to Calculate Total Momentum?
The following example problem outlines the steps and information needed to calculate the Total Momentum.
First, determine the total velocity. In this example, the total velocity is determined to be 14 (m/s).
Next, determine the total sum of the masses. For this problem, the total sum of the masses is measured to be 3 (kg).
Finally, calculate the Total Momentum using the formula above:
p = TV * TM
Inserting the values from above and solving the equation with the imputed values gives:
p = 14*3 = 42(m/s*kg)