Select the tutor expertise level and the number of hours of tutoring needed to estimate the tutor rate and total amount.
Tutor Rate Formula
The following formula is used to estimate a tutor rate.
TR = 25*EL
- Where TR is the tutor rate ($/hr)
- EL is the expertise level factor. This is a multiple of the base of 25$ an hour a preson should expect to pay.
Common Tutor Rates Based On Expertise:
Student = $20-25$/hr
Teaching Assistant = $25-35$/hr
Teacher = $35-$50/hr
Professor = $50-100$/hr
Field Expert = 50-100$/hr
Tutor Rate Definition
What is a tutor rate?
A tutor rate is defined as the total cost per hour that a tutor charges for its services of teaching kids one on one.
When group tutoring occurs, the rate should be less than in one-on-one situations.
How to calculate tutor rate?
- First, determine the expertise level of the tutor.
For this example, the tutor is a teacher and is expected to charge $35/hr.
- Next, determine the number of hours per week that the kid needs tutoring.
In this case, the kid will need 2 – 2 hours sessions per week for a total of 4 hours.
- Finally, calculate the total amount per week.
$35/hr * 4 hours = $140/week
$140/week * 4 weeks = $560/month