Select the tutor expertise level and the number of hours of tutoring needed to estimate the tutor rate and total amount.
- Freelance Rate Calculator
- Bill Rate Calculator
- Consulting Fees Calculator
- Billable Hours Calculator
- Cost Per Minute Calculator
Tutor Rate Formula
The following formula is used to estimate a tutor rate.
TR = 25*EL
- Where TR is the tutor rate ($/hr)
- EL is the expertise level factor. This is a multiple of the base of 25$ an hour a preson should expect to pay.
Common Tutor Rates Based On Expertise:
Student = $20-25$/hr
Teaching Assistant = $25-35$/hr
Teacher = $35-$50/hr
Professor = $50-100$/hr
Field Expert = 50-100$/hr
Tutor Rate Definition
What is a tutor rate?
A tutor rate is defined as the total cost per hour that a tutor charges for its services of teaching kids one on one.
When group tutoring occurs, the rate should be less than in one-on-one situations.
How to calculate tutor rate?
- First, determine the expertise level of the tutor.
For this example, the tutor is a teacher and is expected to charge $35/hr.
- Next, determine the number of hours per week that the kid needs tutoring.
In this case, the kid will need 2 – 2 hours sessions per week for a total of 4 hours.
- Finally, calculate the total amount per week.
$35/hr * 4 hours = $140/week
$140/week * 4 weeks = $560/month