Enter the quantity of the first unit and the quantity of the second unit into the Unit Ratio Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the Unit Ratio.
- All Ratio Calculators
- Decimal to Ratio Calculator
- Simple Ratio Calculator
- Similarity Ratio Calculator
Unit Ratio Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Unit Ratio.
UR = Q1 / Q2
- Where UR is the Unit Ratio ( )
- Q1 is the quantity of the first unit
- Q2 is the quantity of the second unit
To calculate the unit ratio, divide the quantity of the first unit by the quantity of the second or reference unit.
How to Calculate Unit Ratio?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Unit Ratio.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the quantity of the first unit.
- The quantity of the first unit is given as: 5.
- Next, determine the quantity of the second unit.
- The quantity of the second unit is provided as: 7.
- Finally, calculate the Unit Ratio using the equation above:
UR = Q1 / Q2
The values given above are inserted into the equation below and the solution is calculated:
UR = Q1 / Q2 = ( )
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
quantity of first unit = 8
quantity of second unit = 10
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator above.
UR = Q1 / Q2 = ?