Enter the wall height (ft) and the length away from the wall (ft) into the Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Wall Angle.
Wall Angle Formula
WA = ATAN (H/L) * 57.2958
- WA is the Wall Angle (degrees)
- H is the wall height (ft)
- L is the length away from the wall (ft)
To calculate Wall Angle, take the inverse tangent of the wall height divided by the length away from the wall, then multiply by 57.2958 to express the result in degrees.
How to Calculate Wall Angle?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Wall Angle.
- First, determine the wall height (ft).
- Next, determine the length away from wall (ft).
- Next, gather the formula from above = WA = ATAN (H/L) * 57.2958.
- Finally, calculate the Wall Angle.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
wall height (ft) = 5
length away from wall (ft) = 4