Enter the number of accidents and the employee hours worked into the Accident Frequency Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Accident Frequency.
Accident Frequency Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Accident Frequency.
AF = A * 200,000 / HW
- Where AF is the Accident Frequency (accidents per 200,000 hours worked)
- #A is the number of accidents
- HW is the employee hours worked
To calculate the accident frequency rate, multiply the number of accidents by 200,000 then divide by the employee hours worked.
How to Calculate Accident Frequency?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Accident Frequency.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the number of accidents.
- The number of accidents is given as: 30.
- Next, determine the employee hours worked.
- The employee hours worked is provided as: 150,000.
- Finally, calculate the Accident Frequency using the equation above:
AF = #A * 200,000 / HW
The values provided above are inserted into the equation below and computed.
AF = 30 * 200,000 / 150,000 = 40 (accidents per 200,000 hours worked)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
number of accidents = 50
employee hours worked = 400,000
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator..
AF = #A * 200,000 / HW = ?