Enter the total number of incidents and the total number of hours worked into the calculator. The calculator will display your TRIR.
- Overtime Calculator
- Cumulative Incidence Calculator
- Incidence Rate Calculator
- Severity Rate Calculator
- DART Rate Calculator
- Future Loss of Earnings Calculator
The following equation can be used to calculate the total recorded incident rate of your business.
TRIR = I * 200,000 / HW
- Where TRIR is the total recorded incident rate
- I is the total OSHA incidents recorded
- HW is the total hours worked
To calculate the total recorded incident rate (TRIR), multiply the number of incidents by 200,000, then divide by the total hours worked.
TRIR is short for the total recorded incident rate and is a measure of the number of “incidents” per hours worked.
How to calculate TRIR?
- First, determine the total incidents.
Incidents are measured based on the outlines of OSHA.
- Next, determine the total hours worked.
Calculate the total hours worked during the same time period.
- Finally, calculate the TRIR.
Calculate the TRIR using the formula above.