Enter any value into the calculator to determine the additive inverse of that number or integer.
Additive Inverse Formula
The following formula is used to calculate an additive inverse.
X = y * (-1)
X+y = 0
- Where X is the additive inverse
- y is the original integer
Additive Inverse Definition
What is an additive inverse? An additive inverse is defined as a number that when added together with an original number has a sum of 0.
Additive Inverse Example
How to calculate additive inverse?
- First, determine the original number. For this example, the original number is known to be 45.
- Next, use the formula above to calculate the additive inverse. So, 45*(-1) = -45.
- Check this value when added with the original number equals 0. (45+(-45)) = 0.