Enter the bolt diameter (in) and the threads per inch into the Bolt Area Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Bolt Area.
- All Area Calculators
- Bolt Length Calculator
- Bolt Pull Out Force Calculator
- Flange Bolt Torque Calculator
Bolt Area Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Bolt Area.
BA = .7854*[D-(.9734/n)]^2
- Where BA is the Bolt Area (in^2)
- D is the bolt diameter (in)
- n is the threads per inch
How to Calculate Bolt Area?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Bolt Area.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the bolt diameter (in).
- The bolt diameter (in) is given as: 3.
- Next, determine the threads per inch.
- The threads per inch is provided as: 2.
- Finally, calculate the Bolt Area using the equation above:
BA = .7854*[D-(.9734/n)]^2`
The values provided above are inserted into the equation below and computed.
BA = .7854*[3-(.9734/2)]^2 = 4.96 (in^2)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
bolt diameter (in) = 4
threads per inch = 8
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator..
BA = .7854*[D-(.9734/n)]^2` = ?