Enter the total cost of the build and the total square footage of area of the build into the calculator to determine the build cost per square foot.
- Metal Roofing Cost Per Square Foot Calculator
- Paint Cost Per Square Foot Calculator
- Cost Per Square Foot Calculator
- Sod Cost Per Square Foot Calculator
- Deck Cost Per Square Foot Calculator
- Drywall Cost Per Square Foot Calculator
Build Cost Per Square Foot Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the Build Cost Per Square Foot.
BC = TCB / TAB
- Where BC is the build cost per square foot ($/ft^2)
- TCB is the total build cost ($)
- TAB is the total area of the build (ft^2)
To calculate the cost per square foot of a build, divide the cost of the build by the area.
What is the Build Cost Per Square Foot?
The cost of building a new home is calculated in square feet. This allows the builder to add up the cost of all house components and arrive at an estimate for the entire build. The cost per square foot includes all labor, material, and overhead costs.
The cost of building a new home, or renovating an existing one, varies widely. The price per square foot depends on the size of the house, the cost of materials, and the region where the home is being constructed.
Cost per square foot, or unit price, is calculated by dividing the total cost by the number of square feet in a building.
A tiny house can be built for $10 to $20 per square foot, whereas larger homes can run anywhere from $100 – $1,000 per square foot to build.
Prices for building homes have risen dramatically in the last couple of years due to labor shortages and inflation.