Enter the cathode potential and the anode potential into the calculator to determine the cell potential.
Cell Potential Formula
The following formula is used to calculate a cell potential.
Ec = Eca – Ea
- Where Ec is the cell potential
- Eca is the cathode potential
- Ea is the anode potential
Cell Potential Definition
Cell potential is defined as the difference between the cathode potential and the anode potential in a battery cell.
Cell Potential Example
How to calculate a cell potential?
- First, determine the cathode potential.
Calculate the cathode potential.
- Next, determine the anode potential.
Calculate the anode potential.
- Finally, calculate the cell potential.
Calculate the cell potential using the equation above.
The cell potential is the difference in potential between the anode and cathode of a battery cell. It’s a measure of the total energy storage a cell could potentially hold.