Enter any consecutive terms of a sequence into the calculator to determine the common ratio.
- Negative Binomial Calculator
- Equivalent Ratios Calculator
- Binomial Coefficient Calculator
- Conditional Probability Calculator
Common Ratio Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the common ratio of a sequence of numbers.
r = a(n+1)/ a(n)
- Where r is the common ratio
- a (n+1) is the number following a(n)
- a(n) is an arbitrary number in a sequence.
Common Ratio Definition
A common ratio is defined as the ratio of a set of consecutive numbers in a sequence.
Common Ratio Example
How to calculate a common ratio?
- First, determine the first number.
Determine the first number in the sequence.
- Next, determine another number.
Select another number in the sequence.
- Finally, calculate the common ratio.
Calculate the common ratio using the equation above.
A common ratio is a term used to describe the ratio of consecutive terms in a sequence of numbers.
A sequence is any set of numbers that can be described using a formula such that any subsequent number can be calculated using the same formula.