Enter the compressive force (N) and the unit area (m^2) into the Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Compressive Stress.
- Stress Concentration Factor
- Stress Ratio Calculator
- Bending Stress Calculator
- Von Mises Stress Calculator
Compressive Stress Formula
CS = F / A
- CS is the Compressive Stress (N/m^2)
- F is the compressive force (N)
- A is the unit area (m^2)
To calculate Compressive Stress, divide the compressive force by the unit area.
How to Calculate Compressive Stress?
The following steps outline how to calculate Compressive Stress.
- First, determine the compressive force (N).
- Next, determine the unit area (m^2).
- Next, gather the formula from above = CS = F / A.
- Finally, calculate the Compressive Stress.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
compressive force (N) = 5000
unit area (m^2) = 3