Enter the total length of material and the total number of pieces needed into the Cut Length Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Cut Length.
Cut Length Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Cut Length.
CL = L / P
- Where CL is the Cut Length
- L is the total length of material
- P is the total number of pieces needed
To calculate the cut length, divide the total length of material by the number of pieces needed.
How to Calculate Cut Length?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Cut Length.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total length of material.
- The total length of material is given as: 400.
- Next, determine the total number of pieces needed.
- The total number of pieces needed is provided as: 10.
- Finally, calculate the Cut Length using the equation above:
CL = L / #P
The values provided above are inserted into the equation below and computed.
CL = 400 / 10 = 40.00
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables required are provided below:
total length of material = 300
total number of pieces needed = 20
Test your knowledge using the equation and check your answer with the calculator..
CL = L / #P = ?