Enter the total db (decibel volts) into the calculator to determine the Voltage from DB.
- All Electrical Calculators
- DB to Watts Calculator
- DB Gain Calculator
- Attenuation Calculator
- dBm to RMS Voltage Calculator
Voltage from DB Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Voltage from DB.
V = 10(dBV/20)
- Where V is the Voltage from DB (volts)
- dVB is the total db (decibel volts)
To calculate the voltage from dB, raise 10 to the power of the dBV over 20.
How to Calculate Voltage from DB?
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed in order to calculate the Voltage from DB.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total db (decibel volts). In this example, the total db (decibel volts) is measured to be 14.
- Finally, calculate the Voltage from DB using the formula above:
V = 10 ^ (dBV / 20)
Inserting the values from above into the equation yields:
V = 10 ^ (14/ 20) = 5.011 (volts)
Example Problem #2:
Using the same process as the first example, define the variables outlined by the formula. In this case, these values are:
total db (decibel volts) = 100
Entering these values into the formula or calculator above gives us::
V = 10 ^ (100 / 20) = 100,000 (volts)