Enter the total dBm into the calculator to convert to units of watts.
- All Electrical Calculators
- Decibel Calculator
- Sound Pressure Level Calculator
- Intensity Calculator
- Db to Voltage Calculator
DB to Watts Formula
The following formula is used to convert dBm to watts.
W = 10^((dBm-30)/10))
- Where W is the power in watts
- dBm is the decibel-milliwatts
Db to Watts Definition
Converting dB to watts is actually the process of converting decibel-milliwatts to watts since decibel in itself is just a unitless factor.
Db to Watts Example
How to convert dB to watts?
- First, determine the total number of dBm.
Calculate or measure the total decibel-milliwatts. This is a measure of power of the system.
- Next, calculate the watts.
Convert the dBm into watts using the equation above.
Watts are a measure of power which is a unit that describes energy over time.