Enter the coordinates of 3 different points into the calculator to determine the average distance between those points.
- Distance Between Points Calculator
- Euclidean Distance Calculator
- Distance From Point to Plane Calculator
Distance Between 3 Points Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the distance between 3 points.
D = (D1 + D2 + D3) / 3
- D1 = √[ ( X2-X1)^2 + (Y2-Y1)^2)
- D2 = √[ ( X3-X1)^2 + (Y3-Y1)^2)
- D2 = √[ ( X3-X2)^2 + (Y3-Y2)^2)
Distance Between 3 Points Example
Let’s take a look at example of how to calculate the distance between 3 points.
- First, find the distance between points 1 and 2 using the formula above for D1.
- Next, find the distance between points 1 and 3 using the formula above for D2.
- Next, find the distance between points 3 and 2 using the formula above for D3
- Finally, calculate the average distance between these points using the formula for D.
The distance between 3 points is the total distance between 3 different coordinate points.