Enter the total amount of dividends and the total number of shares. The calculate will evaluate the total dividends per share of the given stock or security.
- Dividend Payout Ratio Calculator
- Dividend Growth Calculator
- Diluted Earnings Per Share Calculator (w/ Formula)
- Dividend Yield Ratio Calculator
Dividends Per Share Formula
The calculator above uses the following formula to calculate the dividends per share.
DPS = D / S
- Where DPS is the dividends per share
- D is the total amount of dividends
- S is the total amount of shares
Dividends Per Share Definition
Dividends per share is exactly what it sounds like. It’s a ratio of the dividend return on a stock or security and the number of outstanding shares. The larger the dividends per share, the greater the value of the dividends.
Dividends Per Share Example
How to calculate the dividends per share?
- First, determine the total dividends.
Determine the total amount of dividends paid out to all investors.
- Next, determine the total amount of shares.
Determine the total quantity of shares on the market.
- Finally, calculate the dividends per share.
Using the formula above, calculate the dividends per share.
A dividend per share is a measure of the average dividends paid out per share of a stock or security.