Enter the total house area (ft^2) into the Flood Vent Size Calculator. The calculator will evaluate the Flood Vent Size.
- House Area Calculator
- Groundwater Velocity Calculator
- Average Rainfall Intensity Calculator
- Drain Flow Rate Calculator
Flood Vent Size Formula
The following two example problems outline the steps and information needed to calculate the Flood Vent Size.
FVS = A
- FVS is the Flood Vent Size (square inches)
- A is the total house area (ft^2)
To calculate the flood vent size, simply take the total house area in ft^2, and make this value the flood vent size with units of inches squared.
How to Calculate Flood Vent Size?
The following steps outline how to calculate the Flood Vent Size.
- First, determine the total house area (ft^2).
- Next, gather the formula from above = FVS = A .
- Finally, calculate the Flood Vent Size.
- After inserting the variables and calculating the result, check your answer with the calculator above.
Example Problem :
Use the following variables as an example problem to test your knowledge.
total house area (ft^2) = 900
FVS = A = ?