Enter the total flux and total area into the calculator to determine the flux density.
- All Density Calculators
- Magnetic Flux Calculator
- Magnetic Moment Calculator
- Faraday’s Law Calculator
- Magnet Pull Force Calculator
Flux Density Formula
The following formula is used to calculate a flux density.
FD = Φ / A
- Where FD is the flux density
- Φ is the total flux
- A is the total area
Flux Density Definition
A flux density is defined as the total flux per unit of the area generated from a magnetic field.
Flux Density Example
How to calculate flux density?
- First, determine the total flux.
Calculate the total flux generated from the magnetic field.
- Next, determine the total area.
Measure the total area the flux is acting on.
- Finally, calculate the flux density.
Divide the flux by the area to find the flux density.
Flux density is the total flux per unit area that is being generated by a magnetic field.