Enter the magnetic field strength and total area into the calculator to determine the total magnetic flux.
- Solenoid Force Calculator
- Electric Field Calculator
- Lorentz Force Calculator (w/ angle)
- Magnetic Moment Calculator
- Flux Density Calculator
Magnetic Flux Formula
The following equation can be used to calculate a magnetic flux.
F = B * A * cos ( a )
- Where F is the magnetic flux (webers)
- B is the magnetic field (teslas)
- A is the area (m^2)
- a is the angle between the magnetic field and area (use 90 if no angle given)
Magnetic Flux Definition
A magnetic flux is defined as the total strength of the magnetic field that passes through any given area.
Magnetic Flux Example
How to calculate magnetic flux?
- First, determine the magnetic field.
Measure the strength of the magnetic field.
- Next, determine the total area.
Calculate the total area the magnetic field is moving through.
- Next, determine the angle.
Calculate the angle between the magnetic field and the area.
- Finally, calculate the magnetic flux.
Calculate the magnetic flux using the formula above.
Magnetic flux is a measure of the total magnetic field that passes through an area. In other words it’s the strength of the field times the total area that field is acting across.
An electric field is a field producing a force due to the flow of electrons.