Enter the total cost of food, and the total sales into the calculator to determine the food cost percentage of a restaurant.
- Food Budget Calculator
- Net Profit Calculator
- Cost of Goods Sold Calculator
- Gross Rent Multiplier Calculator
- Cupcake Cost Calculator
- Average Groceries Cost Per Month Calculator
- Prime Rib Cost Per Pound Calculator
Food Cost Percentage Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the food cost percentage.
FC% = COGS / S * 100
- Where FC% is the food cost percentage
- COGS is the total cost of food
- S is the total sales of food
Food Cost Percentage Definition
A food cost percentage is the ratio of the cost of food to the sales value of food.
Food Cost Percentage Example
How to calculate food cost percentage?
- First, determine the total cost of food.
Determine the total cost of all of the food brought into the restaurant.
- Next, determine the total sales.
Calculate how many sales were generated during the same time period.
- Finally, calculate the food cost percentage.
Using the formula, calculate the percentage of food costs.
Food cost percentage is a ratio of the cost of food to the total sales generated by a restaurant.
Generally, anything below 35% is considered a success rate for the food cost percentage of a restaurant.