Enter the total force, mass, and time into the calculator to determine the velocity from the force.
- All Velocity Calculators
- Velocity Calculator
- Gravity To Velocity Calculator
- Height to Velocity Calculator
- Acceleration to Velocity Calculator
- Velocity to Force Calculator
- Kinetic Energy to Velocity Calculator
- Momentum to Velocity Calculator
Force to Velocity Formula
The following equation is used to calculate the velocity from force.
V = F/m*t
- Where is the velocity (m/s)
- F is the force (N)
- m is the mass (kg)
- t is the time (s)
To calculate the velocity from force, first, divide the force by the mass to get acceleration, then multiply the acceleration by the time.
How to Calculate Velocity From Force?
The following example outlines the steps and information needed to calculate Velocity from Force.
First, determine the force. In this example, the force is found to be 75N.
Next, determine the mass. For this problem, the mass is found to be 10kg.
Next, determine the time. In this case, the time is measured to be 2 seconds.
Finally, calculate the velocity using the formula above:
V = F/m*t
V = 75/10*2
V = 15 m/s