Enter any number into the calculator to determine the 4th root of that number.
- Cube Root Calculator
- Multiplying Square Roots Calculator
- Inverse Square Law Calculator
- Negative Exponent Calculator
- Square Cube Law Calculator
- Fifth Root Calculator
Fourth Root Formula
The following equation is used to calculate a fourth root.
4sqrt = X ^ 1/4
- Where 4 sqrt is the fourth square root
- X is the number being rooted.
Fourth Root Definition
A fourth root is defined as the value that if raised to the power of 4, would equal the original value.
Fourth Root Example
How to calculate a fourth root?
- First, determine the value.
Determine the value you wish to take the fourth root of.
- Next, perform the calculation.
Calculate the 4th root by raising the number to the power of (1/4).
A fourth root is a number that if multiplied by itself 4 times would yield the original number. So the fourth root of 16 = 2, because 2*2*2*2 = 16.