Enter the total distance and the fraction of the distance into the Fractional Distance Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the Fractional Distance.
- All Distance Calculators
- Diagonal Distance Calculator
- Genetic Linkage Distance
- Fraction To Decimal Calculator
Fractional Distance Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Fractional Distance.
Df = TD * F
- Where Df is the Fractional Distance
- TD is the total distance
- F is the fraction of the distance
How to Calculate Fractional Distance?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Fractional Distance.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total distance.
- The total distance is given as: 167.
- Next, determine the fraction of the distance.
- The fraction of the distance is provided as: 3/5.
- Finally, calculate the Fractional Distance using the equation above:
Df = TD * F
The values given above are inserted into the equation below and the solution is calculated:
Df = 167 * 3/5 = 100.2
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables needed are provided below:
total distance = 180
fraction of the distance = 4/5
This example problem is a test of your knowledge on the subject. Use the calculator above to check your answer.
Df = TD * F = ?