Enter the total number of seconds it takes the particle to complete on oscillation to determine its frequency.
- Simple Harmonic Motion Calculator
- Natural Frequency Calculator
- Pendulum Calculator (Frequency & Period)
- Rise Time Calculator
Frequency of Oscillation Formula
The following formula is used to calculate a frequency of oscillation.
f = 1/ T
- Where f is the frequency (hz)
- T is the time it takes to complete one oscillation (seconds)
Frequency of Oscillation Definition
A frequency of oscillation is the number of oscillations of a particle under harmonic motion per second of time.
Frequency of Oscillation Example
How to calculate a frequency of oscillation?
- First, determine the time for one oscillation.
Calculate the amount of time it takes to perform one oscillation.
- Next, calculate the frequency.
Determine the frequency using the formula above.
Hertz are a unit of measure used to describe the number of oscillations per second of time of an oscillating object.