Enter the fusing factor and the current rating of fusing element (amps) into the calculator to determine the Fusing Current.
Fusing Current Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Fusing Current.
If = FF * CR
- Where If is the Fusing Current (amps)
- FF is the fusing factor
- CR is the current rating of fusing element (amps)
To calculate the fusing current, multiply the fusing factor by the current rating of the fusing element.
How to Calculate Fusing Current?
The following two example problems outline how to calculate the Fusing Current.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the fusing factor. In this example, the fusing factor is measured to be .75.
- Next, determine the current rating of fusing element (amps). For this problem, the current rating of fusing element (amps) is calculated to be 24.
- Finally, calculate the Fusing Current using the formula above:
If = FF * CR
Inserting the values from above and solving the equation with the imputed values gives:
If = .75 * 24 = 18 (amps)
Example Problem #2:
Using the same process as example problem 1, we first define the variables outlined by the formula. In this case, the values are:
fusing factor = .85
current rating of fusing element (amps) = 80
Entering these values into the formula or calculator above gives us::
If = FF * CR = 68 (amps)