Enter the total gold weight (grams) and the total gold volume (in^3) into the Gold Density Calculator. The calculator will evaluate and display the Gold Density.
- All Density Calculators
- Gold Weight Calculator
- Gold Profit Calculator
- Gold Cost Per Pound Calculator
Gold Density Formula
The following formula is used to calculate the Gold Density.
GD = GW / GV
- Where GD is the Gold Density (grams/in^3)
- GW is the total gold weight (grams)
- GV is the total gold volume (in^3)
To calculate the gold density, divide the total gold weight by the volume.
How to Calculate Gold Density?
The following example problems outline how to calculate Gold Density.
Example Problem #1:
- First, determine the total gold weight (grams).
- The total gold weight (grams) is given as: 10.
- Next, determine the total gold volume (in^3).
- The total gold volume (in^3) is provided as: 5.
- Finally, calculate the Gold Density using the equation above:
GD = GW / GV
The values given above are inserted into the equation below:
GD = 10 / 5 = 2 (grams/in^3)
Example Problem #2:
For this problem, the variables needed are provided below:
total gold weight (grams) = 520
total gold volume (in^3) = 50
This example problem is a test of your knowledge on the subject. Use the calculator above to check your answer.
GD = GW / GV = ?